We have two positions available for our Farm Worker position, as detailed below. If you are interested in picking peas or beans for us during the summer months, you must have a Social Insurance Number. Please send us a CV stating your interest and we will contact you in June.
Position: Vegetable Farm Worker (2 positions available)
Location: Cache Bay, near North Bay, Ontario
Field Good Farms is a small organically operated vegetable farm. We operate on a beautiful 100 acre farm in Cache Bay, Ontario (4 hours North of Toronto). We currently cultivate 4.5 acres for vegetable production. We have 2 crop greenhouses, 1 seedling greenhouse, and 4 high tunnels that compliment our field production.
The Farm Worker performs tasks including planting, weeding, harvesting, processing, and general clean-up and maintenance duties. If the fit is right, some marketing of produce can be involved. The Farm Worker can also be given specific lead responsibilities (ie. irrigation management, greenhouse management, etc.)
- Seeding/Transplanting: seeding and/or transplanting field crops and applying appropriate row covers, insect netting and irrigation.
- Weeding: weeding crops using our hands and/or a variety of specialized hoes.
- Harvest: cut and/or pull out produce manually and/or with the help of hand tools. Assemble harvested produce and pack appropriately into harvest containers.
- Processing: wash and/or bunch/bag produce; cure produce.
- Other: work involving irrigation, high tunnel maintenance, and general clean-up. Occasional marketing of produce may also be involved either at CSA deliveries or the North Bay Farmers’ Market.
Experience: At least 1 season of working on an ecological vegetable farm is required. The ideal candidate will be available to work 40 hours per week starting May 1, 2017 for a period of 26 consecutive weeks. The ideal candidate is punctual, efficient, in good physical condition, has great team spirit, and wants to work.
Other requirements: Own steel toe boots, rubber boots, a rain suit, work gloves, and a hat. Must wear appropriate work clothes and be able to provide own transportation to the farm. Applicants must be legally able to work in Canada.
Pay rate: $ 13.00 – 15.00 / hour depending on experience
Deadline for applications: Interviews begin late February and will continue until position is filled.
Please apply by sending us a CV or resume to: info fieldgoodfarms.ca*
*Note: e-mail addresses above (if any) have been masked to reduce spam. To form the correct address, rejoin the two portions, separated with @